It’s that time again! Time for me to re-cap the FUN things I accomplished in 2012…so when I’m feeling creatively stifled or depressed I can look back and go AH HA! I did stuff that year! “Not completely useless, you know,” (said in Bubble voice).
Received a serger for Christmas, and made my very first pair of pettipants! I came up with the idea for Pettipants Revolution in 2011 but it was on hold until the serger came along. Hurray! Hurrah. I gifted this first pair to Corinne.
– I decide that 2012 is the year I start running (jogging slowly), and the Boy and I, after 6 years of being together, go for our very first run together. Mawwwww!
The snow hits Seattle, and the Boy goes cross-country skiing for the first time in 6 years, in our backyard. Then I do something shocking…
…a little cross-country skiing myself!
Now, I told the Boy that I would really cross-country ski with him this year (like in public), but the ski season just baaaarely began and there’s pleeeenty of time for me to still do it. In, um, 2013. Spring season! He told me it’s all about the crazy costumes during spring ski season! And you know I need a crazy costume. Or else what’s the point?
My camera/tripod take a nice family portrait, at the Boy’s grandparents’ house. All smiles! I need to print this out.
– the Boy enters the “Biggest Loser” contest at work, prompting us to start watching the show at night and then exercising in the living room. We keep up this healthy habit for at least 2 months, although the contest runs from February-April. Spoiler alert: he doesn’t win.
After frantically sewing for a month, I finally have enough product to kick off my second Etsy shop, Pettipants Revolution! My goal for 2013: add more pettipants to the store. I started out making the pettipants this long, board short length, but eventually found a different pattern to make them short, like this:
…which I like a lot better. Variety is good.
I have an ear infection for WEEKS, but it doesn’t stop me from having fun!
Paint splatter pettipants, still for sale.
– RAW artists asks me back for a third show, but between my real job (part time), the pettipants store, and a rockin’ ear infection, I turn them down. Perhaps in 2013 I’ll do it again–once I complete some new paintings, that is.
Turquoise floral paisley pettipants (still for sale!). The posting of these pettipants also causes my mother to comment on my blog for the first time…in 9 years. To be fair, nobody knew about my blog for the first…several years. Heh. For good reason–it was big time embarrassing (more so, I mean).
– Madonna’s Superbowl performance is so good, I cry!
The Boy launches “Bearduary” (in 2013, he’s starting it a month early–BOO).
– Corinne’s hilarious post-dentist drugged-up phone message
Flannel paisley pettipants, for Mumsie, per her request.
Baroque flannel pettipants, size large. Still for sale!
I purchase the first “cute” scrubs I’ve ever owned. Incredibly comfortable!
Floral pettipants for spring! Still for sale.
– Bearduary: the evolution
Corinne and I get our hair cut at a hairdressing academy, and my hair actually looks worse afterwards! Not to mention I lost a lot of length…and my hair takes forever to grow. Never again!
– our beloved Korean donut shop, located 5 minutes away, CLOSES. This is both good news…and bad news.
Blue floral pettipants–sold!
I realize that my pettipants photos are missing something important–WIGS! I start adding full outfits, including matching sunglasses and wigs, to my pettipants listings. These red floral pettipants are still for sale.
Acid floral pettipants, one of my favorites, and sold!
– Corinne gets so fucked up at the dentist, they have to wheel her out (she gave me complete creative control to videotape her, whatta gal!)
Pink paint splatter pettipants, another fav of mine. Still for sale!
– Christopher and glory holes
Purple daisy pettipants, still for sale!
– thanks to Jerry, I get my first iphone (for free), and immediately become smitten!
I send the Lily painting off to Kissyfur! Yay.
I also send him a blue glitter “retard” button, because we have extremely inappropriate senses of humor! Double yay.
Purple floral pettipants, still for sale! Also, my first listing with the pettipants under a petticoat. Werk.
Pink floral pettipants, still for sale, amazingly. So cute! Maybe I should keep these. Hmph.
Blue floral pettipants, for Fleeta.
Purple pettipants with silver stars! I can’t believe these haven’t sold. Alright, time for me to start promoting my shop! Shee-yit!
– we attend Grandpa Lew’s concert
– I still hoop sometimes
I finally finish the painting of Corinne’s tits and present it to her!
Black sparkle pettipants, still for sale!
– the Boy and I attend the Gaugain exhibit at the SAM and he accuses me of “hating art” because I get bored! Heigh ho!
– the Boy gets filmed for local t.v. wearing the silver raver pants I made him and FORGETS TO PIMP OUT MY PETTIPANTS STORE but I still love him!
– I participate in Frock Friday, a’la Helga Von Trollop (once!)
Neon green satin pettipants of joy, which are actually the last pair I posted in my store this year.
What happened was around this time I quit running and started eating terrible things and gaining weight, RIGHT in time for my first 5K (of course! this is the way my life works). Since I’m my pettipants model I didn’t want to post chunky photos of my legs, so I stopped. Get it? Got it. Gooood. Not to mention sales weren’t exactly soaring so I figured, why post a ton of product online if there’s no demand? Ne’er mind, I lost that extra weight and am planning on posting new product in 2013. So there, Pierre!
The Boy joins Corinne and I in our very first 5K, the Color Run! SO much fun. So many photos! I actually want to do it again this year. There’s a great video of it here!
The following weekend, the Boy and I and the rogs participate in my second 5K, The Big Backyard Run! Not quite as fun as the Color Run, but ya know. It’s tough to compete! I had planned on signing us up for the Great Kilted Run in August, but we went camping instead. Priorities.
– I like Instagram
– make my first Etsy treasury, “Mint is Marvelous”
– make my second Etsy treasury, “It’s not a rave, it’s a happening”
Nail marbling! Kinda fun. Here’s my DIY tutorial. It was very popular this year…with 15-year-olds on Instagram. Heh.
– Corinne and I kick off a weight loss “competition” with each other and completely waste our time doing Weight Watchers for most of the summer. I simply gain and lose the same 5 pounds. POINTLESS!
I get a haircut/partial foils at my favorite (expensive) salon so my hair looks cute for 24 hours! Yes!
The Boy and I go to Pride! Yay!
HELP ME RHONDA these re-caps always take foreverrrrrr! Stay tuned for Part 2.